SPA/S Regional Coordinator
Marianella P. Angeles
Regional Education Program Supervisor
Telephone number: (083) 2288825
Mobile number: 09272540330
SPA is a nationwide program for secondary students with potentials and talents in the arts namely; Music Visual Arts, Theater Arts, Media Arts, Creative Writing and Dance; Piloted in 17 schools and later adopted by 51 secondary schools.
SPS is a program aimed to address the needs of secondary students with potentials/talents in sports namely: Archery, Arnis, Badminton, Chess, Gymnastics, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Dancesport Under the program, the students undergo an 4-15 hours per week training under trained coaches. specializing in sports where they excel in. Initially implemented in 15 HSs & later mainstreamed in 300 HSs.
Program Coverage: Same schools get the fund support for two (2) consecutive years as developmental fund. Currently covers:
Component/Allocation: Subsidy to Schools @ P500,000 per school
- Student development activities such as training, workshop, participation in DepEd-approved festivals, competitions;
- Procurement of art/music/sports supplies, costumes/uniform and instructional materials in the different art/sports areas;
- Training of teachers and administrators on arts/sports; and
- Participation of teachers in DepEd-sponsored scholarship programs, professional upgrading of teachers including enrolment in a master’s degree program in arts/sports.
Sports: 1:45 per class at 2 classes per year level with different no. of students per specialization;
Arts: 1:50 per class per class with 7 students minimum per specialization;
- Recipient schools shall conduct a yearly monitoring training program to schools within the division/region which intend to implement the same program as well as giving access to other schools on the equipment & facilities;
- Participants on the program must continue to participate in the national/international events/competition;
- Student-beneficiaries must have achieved the mean percentage score (MPS) above the national average in the National Achievement Test (NAT)